The main function of the Little America Travel Center Custodian is to keep the hotel’s public areas in a clean and orderly condition.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
• Maintain the cleanliness of the public areas by carpet vacuuming & shampooing, dusting and picking up litter.
? Move furniture out of the way to allow vacuuming in that area.
? Empty ash trays.
• Wash public area windows with a squeegee, using a variety of different sized ladders.
• Maintain cleanliness of restrooms and shower facilities in fuel centers (depends on location).
• Dispose of trash into dumpsters.
• Assist with moving of furniture, freight and other heavy items.
• Other duties as assigned.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to ascend or descend rung ladders and the like safely and with agility; to work safely in elevated places; to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling from precarious situations.
• Ability to move body to floor level and move about.
• Ability to extend arm(s) in any direction.
• Ability to support oneself in an erect and/or completely upright position for a prolonged period of time.
• Ability to substantially press against something with a steady force in order to push forward, downward, or outward and to exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
• Ability to raise substantial objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from position to position.