The main function of the Little America Hotel In Room Dining Server is to deliver food and beverage orders from the kitchen to the guest rooms.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
• Receive and note telephone orders for food and beverages from guest rooms.
• Assist in the preparation of the food and beverages as able and/or as required.
• Deliver orders to guest rooms.
• Receive payment or signed room check for order.
• Process payment or signed check, or deliver to room service or other cashier.
• Ensure that there are adequate supplies of room service equipment and materials: plate covers, table linens, silverware, food service, carts, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to support oneself in an erect and/or completely upright position for a prolonged period of time.
• Ability to substantially press against something with a steady force in order to push forward, downward or outward, and to raise substantial objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from position to position.
• Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally.