The main function of the Little America Hotel Bus Person is to clear and reset restaurant/dining room tables in preparation for serving guests.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
• Clear all dishes, glassware, paper goods, and table linens from tables after guests have left their table upon completion of their meal (place all items into bussing cart or on bussing trays or tubs).
• Reset tables with place mats, napkins, silverware and dishes (when instructed).
• Empty bussing cart, trays, or tubs in the kitchen area.
• Stock various clean dishes, glassware and condiments at servers’ station.
• Ensure that there is sufficient brewed coffee.
• Keep salad service area stocked with fresh produce.
• Keep soup pots filled.
• Fill guests’ water glasses when requested by wait staff.
• Empty kitchen garbage receptacles, and take bags to dumpster.
• Other duties as assigned.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to support oneself in an erect and/or completely upright position for a prolonged period of time.
• Ability to substantially press against something with a steady force in order to push forward, downward or outward and to exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
• Ability to raise substantial objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from position to position.
• Ability to apply considerable grasping-type pressure to an object.