The main function of the Little America Hotel Prep Cook is to prepare and portion assorted foods so that they are ready for cooking.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
• Chop, dice, blend, slice, or otherwise prepare assorted foods for cooking using a variety of powered and/or non-powered tools and kitchen instruments.
• Remove peels from fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or other culinary use.
• Clean foods so that they are ready for further preparation.
• Work to maintain a clean and safe workplace.
• To serve as the employee cafeteria attendant:
? Verify that meal tickets are completely filled out for each employee.
? Serve food to each employee that presents a ticket.
? Ensure presentation, proper temperatures of foods, and sanitation at all times.
? Keep an ample supply of silverware, cups, napkins, coffee, tea, condiments, etc.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to substantially press against something with a steady force in order to push forward, downward or outward, and to exert a considerable force in order to draw, drag, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion, and to raise substantial objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from position to position.
• Ability to apply considerable grasping-type pressure to an object.
• Ability to perceive the presence of certain substances, in various states, through the sense of smell.
• Ability to be subject to substantial repetitive motions of the body or its parts.