The main function of the Little America Hotel Maintenance Technician is to perform all maintenance and repair procedures on a wide variety of Hotel assets, making the most cost effective use of human and equipment resources.
The tasks that are essential to perform the functions of this position are:
• Perform service and repair of all hotel refrigeration units (kitchen walk-in and reach-in refrigerators, ice machines, ice cream machines, etc.).
• Perform service of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and their components: boilers, pumps, valves, blowers, air compressors, pneumatic controls, etc.
• Perform service and repair of any and all kitchen equipment, such as ovens, grills, broilers, mixers, steamers, automatic door openers, wet belts, etc.
• Perform service and repair of laundry equipment, such as irons, folders, washer, dryers, etc.
• Perform maintenance of all hotel plumbing systems, and repair sewage lines in guest rooms and public facilities.
• Perform service and maintenance of hotel electrical system.
• Perform service and maintenance of hotel electrical items, such as TVs, radios, PBX, etc.
• Perform service and repair to water systems and waters softeners.
• Perform functions of a locksmith: repairing and installing locks, cutting keys, etc.
• Order replacement parts to facilitate repairs.
• Respond to guests’ requests for maintenance assistance in their rooms.
• Other duties as assigned or as appropriate to ensure safe and effective operation of hotel assets.
3. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to ascend or descend rung ladders, scaffolding, and the like safely and with agility; to work safely in elevated places; and to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling from precarious situations.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to work safely and effectively in confined spaces.
• Ability to substantially press against an object with steady force in order to push forward, downward or outward.